This guide shows you how to set up a professional, gorgeous website for your Captivate podcast.
Captivate is a great place to host your podcast. Their core role is to store your audio files and maintain all your important metadata, and they're great at it. But when it comes to serving as your official website, their microsites aren't ideal.
Why you should have a separate website
It's critical for every podcast to have a real website. Having a website gives you a huge opportunity. Here are some of the benefits:
- You should own your relationship with your listeners
- Websites are universally accessible
- Many new listeners start with Google
- You should own the top spot on Google
- If you own the top spot in Google, you’ll get more listeners through organic searches
- You should control how you introduce your show
- A website makes things simpler for your listeners
- A website gives you a place to post transcripts
- A website allows you to give listeners other ways to interact
The problem is, most podcast hosts (not just Captivate), don't provide a web experience that accomplishes even half of what's on the list above.
What core features do you get with a better website?
Podpage makes it simple to take your Captivate feed and use it to generate a fully functional podcast website in less than 5 minutes. In just a few clicks you will have:
- A search engine optimized website that automatically stays up to date
- A customizable home page showing your latest episodes, player links, media players, and podcast reviews.
- A dedicated page for every single episode showing show notes, a media player, show notes, and if you'd like, a transcript. New episode pages are created automatically.
- An about page where you can describe what your podcast is about and a little about yourself.
- A contact form so listeners can get in touch with you.
- A way to ask listeners for their email address so you can form a direct connection with them.
- Additional pages for donations, memberships, blog posts, e-commerce, and the ability to add any pages you want.
How to create a website in 5 minutes with no technical knowledge
Let's do this. You don't need a credit card, or to sign up for a trial, or create an account to see what your website could look like. Just go to the Podpage Preview tool and type in your podcast's name. Within a minute, you'll get a demo of your new website.
Try it! It's free!Preview your Podcast Website
Not convinced? Check out some Captivate podcast websites
These are just some of the many Captivate-hosted podcasts that have chosen to upgrade their website to a Podpage.